2008年6月9日月曜日

Class#4 World Religion

How do you greet people in your life? Is is different for different people? How so and why? Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?

I think it's important for people because we can become friendly with strangers. So I try to bow in salutation when we walk past people on the street. It's one of greeting in Japan. Also I change to greet for each persons. For example, when I meet with my friends, I say "おはよう." However, if I come contact with my teacher, I say "おはようございます." In Japan, we have to respect our elders and we need to choose fitting words for the occasion. Then, I touch my friend and talk with them when I get drunk. I don't know why I touch them but it's more than probable that I feel sad without warmth of someone's skin.

1 件のコメント:

no.1-jm さんのコメント...

In Japan, sometimes こんにちは is NOT natural. It's like when I meet to close friend or something. I think it's important to change how to greet to different person.